2022 has been an extraordinary year for the Canadian Grenadier Guards Foundation. We have received direct financial donations from private individuals and the business community, as well as in-kind historical artifacts, allowing the Museum to capture and hold in trust memorabilia of our past. Our success has only been realized thanks to our donors’ unwavering commitment.
We thank each of our Donors for supporting The Canadian Grenadier Guards through our Foundation. Your donations provide support to the many programs benefitting the community and the Regiment, including:
- Morale Baskets to Canadian Grenadiers on missions around the world and within Canada, serving and protecting freedom of democracy.
- Historical Restoration of artifacts not only in the Museum but throughout the Home Station.
- Newly announced scholarships being launched in 2023 that will support active members and veterans of the Regiment including our youth in the 2709 Guards Cadet Corp. The scholarships extend to members’ families in support of post-secondary studies and tuition for trade schools.
- Supporting the community at large by carrying out events such as the Smush Run for MS.
- Regimental Family Assistance Fund.
- Charitable Trust Fund.
These were the Foundation’s main focus in 2022 and will continue.
The Guards Club raised funds in support of restoration projects while the Association conducted fundraising activities through various events. We thank our private donors, the business community; Clearwater Seafoods Limited Partnership, GSP Management LTD., Bank of Nova Scotia, Bank of Montreal, and other donors.
Association Smush Run 2022
Community Seminar, introducing the Grenadier Guards of Montreal
‘Scotiabank is pleased to support The Canadian Grenadier Guards with a charitable donation to be used right here in our community. These funds will have a direct impact on our military members and their families through the various youth and scholarship programs offered by their Charitable Foundation! We thank them for their service!’ ‘Scotiabank via LinkedIn.’
Reaching out to the youth during Remembrance Week 2022
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Foundation and the Regimental Family of The Canadian Grenadier Guards, thank you for your generosity.
Henry Gourdji, MSC, CD, retired.